What are you looking for?


Coronavirus (Covid-19) - Click here for the latest service changes and information.

Your Rights and Responsibilities

You have specific rights and responsibilities as a resident, and we have certain rights and responsibilities as a landlord. These are set out in detail in your Tenancy Agreement and also summarised in your Residents Handbook.

Health and Safety

Your health and safety responsibilities are outlined in our guide Your Home, Your Safety, which you receive when you move in.

We are currently carrying out fire risk assessments in blocks of flats, if you would like a copy of the fire risk assessment for your block please contact our Customer Service Team who will be happy to provide you with a copy.

If yould like to the fire service to carry out a home safety check please click here.

For more information about subjects such as passing on your tenancy, the right to buy, repairing obligations or your right to be consulted, please contact your Neighbourhood Officer on 01206 244700.

Service Charges

At Colne we update service charges annually and are transparent about this.

To view our Service Charge Policy click here.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Latest on Right to Buy 2

The Government is discussing putting Right To Buy 2 in place under the new Housing Bill. 

This would open up the Right to Buy for tenants who currently only have the Right to Acquire (ie Assured Tenancy holders).

Those eligible will have the right to buy their home at a substantial discount.

Five housing associations are trialling the new Right to Buy 2 scheme to confirm the eligibility criteria and how the process will work moving forward. Colne is not involved in the trial but will be learning from it.

If you hold an Assured Tenancies we advise you begin enquiring about the Right to Buy on your home from May onwards, when there should be more information available.

Useful links:

How the process currently works for Secure Tenancy holders


Please note dogs are not permitted in flats, maisonettes or housing for older people, apart from when the property is on the ground floor and where there is direct access to a garden. This is for animal welfare reasons to be able to exercise the dog, deal with fouling, and ensure barking is not an issue for neighbours.

For all other pets including keeping a dog in a house you need to ask permission and agree to look after your animal, bird or reptile properly.

To gain permission, please complete our Pet Application Form, which can be found here. You can send your application to us by email. If you do not have access to email, please call us on 01206 244 700 and we will send you an application form that you can return Freepost. 

Not what you’re looking for? Your answer may be on our FAQs page.