Resident Scrutiny Team
Our Resident Scrutiny Team
Residents are at the heart of what we do and have recruited volunteer members for Resident Scrutiny Team.
Members lead independent resident-led monitoring at Colne and help improve our services.
- Reviews customer satisfaction
- Improves services
- Influences communication
- Makse a difference
- Builds professional relatonships
- Has a say
Members work with Colne’s Board and get relevant trainining and be able to use the experience for future job opportunities.
Team improves Anti-Social Behaviour Service
The team's first review, carried out in 2017, focused on the service Colne provides to people affected by anti-social behaviour (ASB) in their neighbourhoods.
They checked our service against Consumer Standards and researched how other organisations approached the issue. The views of our residents and teams were gathered through interviews and our perforrmance infofmation was looked at.
Their findings, which were approved by Colne's Board, have led to these improvements:
- A revised Colne policy and procedure which details how we should deliver the service
- Better information for residents on how to report issues
- Refresher training for our teams
- A new officer role specialsing in ASB.
The hard work the team has put in to helping us improve has been welcomed by everyone at Colne.