Think you need a bit of hands-on support to help you maintain your tenancy? Our Tenancy Sustainment Officers are here to provide a range of short-term tailored and individualised support to empower people who have a Colne home to live independently.
Who can access this support?
Any Colne customer can be referred to this service. We understand that customers of any age and tenure type may need support. We work with each individual to find out what help you need and decide what you would like to achieve. You can receive support direct from our Tenancy Sustainment Officers or a referral to an agency who provide personal support.
Our team and partner agencies can help you with a range of housing and general wellbeing support including:
- Support for mental health
- Support for physical health
- Support for drug and alcohol problems
- Support for domestic abuse victims
- Training and volunteering opportunities
Some customers may require benefits related hands-on support.
Our Welfare Rights Officer is here to help you with the benefits you might be entitled to and can give advice about grants, allowances and more.
He can provide support such as:
- Checking you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
- Assisting with benefit applications
- Getting advice on changes to benefits, including Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Advice regarding the benefit cap and what actions can be taken
- Budgeting to pay your rent and other bills
Adapting your home
Sometimes ill health or a change in your circumstances means your home is no longer suitable for you. Sometimes this means considering a move, in which case you should talk to us about our transfer waiting list. However, sometimes it may be possible to adapt your home to better suit your needs.
Click here for more information about how we can help you.
Support for residents in affordable housing for older people
We have modernised our care and support offerings in our housing for older people schemes. Every resident will receive personalised and tailored support via a Careline service and the frequency of this support can be adapted to suit you.
If you think you need more hands-on support in light of any recent experiences, such as a change in your physical or mental health or the bereavement of a loved one, please get in touch with our Contact Centre who will refer you to our Tenancy Sustainment Officers.
Click here for more information about our housing for older people.
Colne has a range of supported housing solutions for the following client groups:
- Adults with complex learning difficulties which may exist alongside challenging behavioural and physical impairments
- Adults with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome
- People recovering from mental health problem
For more information about our supported housing service please read our guide.
In some of our schemes we provide support services but in many others we work in partnership with specialist providers including:
- Acorn Village – to provide supported living services for adults with learning disabilities in Manningtree
- Nacro – to provide housing and support solutions in Colchester and Clacton
- Autism Anglia – to provide shared housing for adults with disorders on the Autistic Spectrum in Colchester
How to reach us
Our Tenancy Sustainment Officers and Welfare Rights Officer are our specialist officers who provide expert help with all of the above.
If you think you need their help, get in touch with our Contact Centre who will arrange for one of the team to contact you.
Call 01206 244700
Or text 07539 114 114