Value for money
Colne has a comprehensive approach to delivering value for money which is fully compliant with the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) standard.
- A business planning process which identifies the resources required to deliver our corporate plan
- Regular and robust performance monitoring and reporting, including benchmarking
- Strategies to improve the social value we add to residents, the communities in which we work and to other stakeholders
- An approach which identifies the value of our property assets (and the liabilities against them) and shapes our asset management actions
- A culture which encourages and supports staff to improve value for money in their everyday activities
- An approach to procurement which includes joint ownership of a procurement company, opening up opportunities for larger scale frameworks and reducing risk
This document sets out our approach, our achievements for the last year – including how we did against the plans set out in the last self-assessment – and the plans we have in place to improve.