Making a Complaint

Our approach to complaints

Colne seeks to maintain the highest standards in the level of service it provides to customers, as outlined in our Customer Service Commitment.

We recognise, however, that there may be occasions when the service provided falls below the high standards we aim to achieve. The information we get through complaints is welcome because unless we are aware of a problem - which may affect more than one resident - we cannot take corrective action to resolve the issue.

Your first step

To make a complaint regarding any aspect of the Society's service, firstly please tell the person you have been dealing with that you are unhappy and ask if they can put it right.

If you are not satisfied or feel that more investigation is needed, you will need to make a formal complaint.

How to make a formal complaint

You can make a formal complaint in several ways:

The relevant Manager will attempt to answer your complaint within 10 working days. If you are not happy with our reply, you may escalate your complaint to a more senior member of our staff. Please see our Making a Complaint leaflet for guidance on whom to contact in this situation.

Housing Ombudsman Service

If you remain unhappy after all stages of our procedure have been followed, you should contact the Independent Housing Ombudsman Service on 08457 125973 or by e-mail at

If you would like us to send you a Making a Complaint leaflet, please contact us on 01206 244700.