Independent Living - My Plan
If you, or somebody you know, needs help to remain living independently at home don’t keep quiet and let it escalate.
Our My Plan team can work with you to give you the confidence, knowledge and contacts you need to manage your situation – now and into the future. It’s a service open to anybody over 65 in Colchester and Tendring. You don’t have to be a Colne tenant to qualify for our support.
What is My Plan?
A short term but highly personalised service that helps older people plan to live happily and healthily at home for as long as possible.
How does it work?
We recognise that everybody is different, so there is no ‘one size fits all’. How we work with you will depend on your individual circumstances and we begin by listening, talking and reassuring.
Typically My Plan might include:
- Discussing your needs and existing resources
- Considering the five key factors that can make it hard to live at home
- Working with family and loved ones to keep them informed
- Drawing up a list of helpful contacts and making introductions
- Building confidence to find the support you need and ask for help
- Producing a My Plan document that details all this!
How can I get referred?
- Refer yourself by phone 01206 244769
- Email us today firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a health or social care professional to refer you
- Ask a family member of friend to contact us
My Plan is funded by the Independence, Choice and Control Fund (ICCF) on behalf of Essex County Council and the five Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in Essex.